Prime Day 2021 marked the most Small-Medium Businesses (SMBs) selling on Amazon.in ever, as they saw an overwhelming response from Prime members. With customers from over 96% pin codes of India placing orders and with the month leading up to Prime Day marking the highest viewership for Prime Video and highest number of listeners for Prime Music, Prime members enjoyed the best of what Prime Day has to offer with the unique SMB selection, new launches, great savings, and engagement with various Prime benefits.
This Prime Day, Prime members were in for a mega entertainment treat: Prime Video announced the world premiere of much-anticipated movies across multiple languages. The list includes titles like Toofaan (Hindi), Malik (Malayalam), Ikkat (Kannada), and Sarpatta Parambarai (Tamil/Telugu), amongst others.
And consumers have spoken and consumers. Viewers not just in India, but also across the globe, have streamed the Prime Day content slate:
- The month leading up to Prime Day was Prime Video India’s best ever in terms of viewership, with the highest number of streamers enjoying the content on the service
- Consumers were thrilled with the exclusive entertainment line-up curated for Prime Day. Prime Video is watched in 4400+ cities and towns across the country, and our Prime Day releases were enjoyed by consumers from 4100+ cities and towns. The exciting Prime Day entertainment line-up was streamed by viewers, not just across India, but also by customers from 190+ countries and territories
- Within 7-days from launch, Toofaan was watched by more customers on Prime Video India than any other Hindi Film in its opening week. The film was viewed in over 3900+ towns and cities in India and in 160+ countries and territories across the globe.
- Our local language movies – Narappa (Telugu), Sarpatta Parambarai (Tamil) and Malik (Malayalam), were each watched in over 3200+ towns and cities in India and in over 150+ countries and territories globally, highlighting the growing viewership and popularity of local language films not just in India but also around the world
- Hostel Daze (S2) emerged as one of the most loved shows amongst Young Adults within just a week of its launch, with viewership from 3600+ towns and cities in India and from over 100+ countries and territories around the world
If you haven’t streamed these exciting titles yet, it is time to make a weekend binge-list!