Actor-politician Jaya Bachchan is known for her tiffs with the paparazzi and also her bold remarks over issues and towards her political rivals. Her episodes with the paparazzi are fun stuff for netizens. They are so famous that her kids Abhishek Bachchan and Shweta Bachchan discussed on a chat show about it in length and that was hilarious. Meanwhile, recently we saw her commenting on the current Prime Minister and the internet is going crazy over it.
Jaya falling into controversies due to her remarks isn’t a new thing. On that note, we bring you a few instances that the Internet’s favourite, Jaya Bachchan, lost her cool and the netizens followed.
1. Let’s begin with the most recent instance, where ahead of the Lok Sabha election 2019, outside the polling booth, she decided to address the media and the paparazzi. For a change, she had to say something about the PM, rather than pouncing on media this time. She said, “Ladies and gentlemen, who are the protectors of the voting booth. The responsibility of the protector is crucial. Looking at the current situation of the country, the one responsible for protecting the country is the one creating disturbance.” (sic) Without naming even once, Jaya took a blunt dig at PM Narendra Modi.
2. The second instance that got popular was when the actress was present at designer Sandeep Khosla’s niece Saudamini Mattu’s reception. While she was leaving and the paparazzi started clicking her, Mrs. Bachchan lost her cool and backlashed at the photographers saying, “Abhi aap log itna flash marenge, toh mai kaise dekhungi?” (sic) Well, it was Jaya Bachchan’s wrath and the photographers immediately withdraw.
3. Fans clicking selfies and pictures with or of celebrities without permission is a rampant practice and many celebrities have made peace with the fact, but not Jaya. A few weeks ago, Jaya was leaving from Karan Johar’s mother Hiroo Johar’s birthday party. While she was walking out, a fan tried to take a picture of the actress and she backlashed at him telling him to learn some manners and ask permission.
4. Three years back she was present at a college festival where enthusiastic students had their phones up coz they were clicking and recording her. Jaya revolted back and said, “Put your mobile down, these are the basic manners which we Indians have to learn. Just because you have a camera and a mobile, you get the freedom to take anyone’s picture anytime, without asking that person. These are basic educations that all colleges and schools and parents at home should teach their children.”
5. In the year 2013, at an event, Jaya was present with her daughter-in-law, the eternal beauty, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. The photographers at the event addressed Aishwarya as Aishwarya and this didn’t go down well with Jaya and she lashed out saying, “Aishwarya kya hota hain? Is she your school friend?”
There are many such incidents, but the ones above are the most popular ones. For more updates and gossip, stay tuned to CineBlitz.