Connect with us

Exclusives

Akshay or Hrithik: Who will get into Big B’s shoes for Farah Khan’s Satte Pe Satta remake?

Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan are being considered for Farah Khan’s remake of Satte Pe Satta for Rohit Shetty

Published at

on

Akshay-Hrithik

We had earlier exclusively told you how Farah Khan will be directing a film for Rohit Shetty and that in all likelihood it is the remake of Satte Pe Satta. The 1982 hit film starred Amitabh Bachchan in a double role and he was paired opposite Hema Malini. The film also featured Amjad Khan and was supported by a huge ensemble cast of Ranjeeta Kaur, Sachin Pilgaonkar, Shakti Kapoor, Sudhir, Paintal, Sarika, Kanwaljeet, Prem Narayan, Kalpana Iyer amongst others. The film was directed by Raj N Sippy and produced by Romu N Sippy. Looks like the makers were in talks to remake the film for a while now and have in fact already zeroed in the lead actor for their ambitious project.

Initial buzz indicates that Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan are being considered for the lead role that was essayed by Amitabh Bachchan and one of them may be locked in soon. While Farah has directed Akshay in Tees Maar Khan (2010), she has never worked with Hrithik as a director. The makers are interested in getting one of them on board and currently both the names are being hotly pursued, say insiders. It will be interesting to know who will finally get into Big B’s shoes. What do you all think? Do let us know in the comments section below.

FarahKhan-RohitShetty

Meanwhile, Akshay Kumar has been riding high on the success of his most recent hit Kesari and has recently wrapped shooting for Good News with Kareena Kapoor Khan. These two apart, the star will soon be seen in Housefull 4, Mission Mangal and also has the highly-anticipated Rohit Shetty’s cop caper Sooryavanshi under his belt. On the other hand, Hrithik Roshan has Super 30 coming up and another film with Tiger Shroff directed by Siddharth Anand. So, who of the two will finally bag Satte Pe Satta? Stay tuned to CineBlitz for the updates and more Bollywood news.

Continue Reading
Loading...

Exclusives

Article 15: Karni Sena to protest against Ayushamnn Khurrana’s film in Mumbai today – read details

Ayushmann Khurrana-starrer Article 15’s director Anubhav Sinha had been receiving threats from Brahmin groups for his film

Published at

on

Ayushmann-Khurrana-Article-15

The Karni Sena that had in 2017 tried to ban the release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat is now in news once again. This time around the Karni Sena seems to be having a problem with Ayushmann Khurrana’s upcoming film Article 15. Yes, on Friday (June 21) we told you that director Anubhav Sinha confirmed to us about receiving threats. Further, it was also said that a Brahmin group called the Parshuram Sena – who had expressed their displeasure on the portrayal of the Brahmin community in the film – went on to say that they would protest along with the Karni Sena to put a ban on the release of this film.

Now we have learnt that the Karni Sena is protesting against the release of Article 15 in Mumbai, today (June 24). Reports state that the reason behind this protest is because Ayushmann’s film is loosely based around Uttar Pradesh’s Badaun rape case where two girls were raped and hanged to death. The story is a hard-hitting one that brings to the forefront the horror of the caste system in India. What has upset Brahmin groups is that the story apparently shows the accused men hailing from that caste.

Earlier commenting on the issue Ayushamann had said to a daily that people shouldn’t judge the film without seeing it. He had also added that the CBFC who is quite strict with sensitive content also gave the film certification. Article 15 is slated to release on June 28, 2019. Till then let us see how things take a turn for the film, stay tuned to CineBlitz for more updates.

Continue Reading

Exclusives

Karan Johar’s Takht to finally go on floors in February 2020

After several delays, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Vicky Kaushal, Alia Bhatt, Anil Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar and Janhvi Kapoor’s Takht is finally going to go on floors early next year

Published at

on

karan-johar-takht
Takht poster and Karan Johar. Pics courtesy: Instagram

Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Vicky Kaushal, Alia Bhatt, Anil Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar and Janhvi Kapoor’s Takht is one big film that was announced last year. However, Karan Johar’s magnum opus has been delayed a few times till now. Being such a massive project, KJo wanted to make sure everything is in place. In fact, we even told you how he was determined to make Takht bigger and more relevant. While it was supposed to take off by this year end, we can now confirm that Takht will take off in February 2020.

As a source close to the development reveals to us exclusively, “Takht will now take off in February next year. Earlier, it was on track and was supposed to take off by this year-end. But Karan Johar wanted to make it be fully prepared as this is going to be one of the biggest films in India’s cinematic history. He had to also make sure he had the dates of all his stars. So after some back and forth, Takht will now go on the floors in February 2020. Everyone, including Karan Johar and the stars, are pumped and raring to go.” How excited are you all for Takht? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below!

Check out Karan Johar’s prep for Takht right here:

For those of you who don’t know, Takht will be Karan Johar’s first historical as a director. It will be set during the Mughal era, when Aurangzeb was the ruler. From what we hear, the film will be a fictional depiction of the battle between Aurangzeb and his brother Dara Shikoh for the throne. Though it is set in the Mughal era, the dialogues will be simple. This will be done so that the audience can resonate with the movie. With the film still in pre-production stage, stay tuned to CineBlitz for more exclusive news, updates and scoops about Takht right here.

Continue Reading

Exclusives

Bigg Boss 12: Jasleen Matharu takes back her complaint against Deepak Thakur

Jasleen Matharu had filed a police complaint against Bigg Boss 12 co-contestant Deepak Thakur over an offensive video, details inside…

Published at

on

Jasleen-Matharu-Deepak-Thakur

In Bigg Boss 12 we saw that Jasleen Matharu and Deepak Thakur didn’t get along very well. While they constantly had showdowns and war of words, even outside the house the two recently burnt bridges. It so happened that Deepak shared a video on social media which had some derogatory remark about Jasleen, on seeing the video, the lady filed a police complaint.

While things took such an ugly turn, Deepak soon put up an apology video saying that he respects women and would never think of hurting anyone. To get more updates on the matter, we contacted Jasleen’s father Mr Kesar Matharu who exclusively told us that they have taken back the complaint. He said, “We took back the complaint because he apologized. He also put up an apology video on Instagram and even called me up. Thinking about his family we took back the complaint, he is a stupid man, because of him, they will also get in trouble. So we let it go.”

For those unversed, Deepak had posted a video where he was talking to a kid about what the child would do inside the Bigg Boss house. Answering to this the kid said, that he would like to have some fun and go into the swimming pool with Jasleen. The video went viral and led to some trouble for Deepak who was one of the finalists in Bigg Boss 12. Stay tuned to CineBlitz for more interesting updates.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

>