Connect with us

Controversies

Kangana Ranaut’s Mental Hai Kya runs into major trouble – read details

After a delay in release, Kangana Ranaut – Rajkummar Rao’s Mental Hai Kya has run into trouble with some people and here’s everything you need to know

Published at

on

Mental Hai Kya shifted to a may release

Kangana Ranaut is one person who can’t catch a breath without being caught up in some kind of controversy. The Queen actress has now found herself in deep waters and no it’s not because of something she has personally said or done, but because of her new film titled – Mental Hai Kya that also stars Rajkummar Rao as the male lead. Directed by National Award director Prakash Kavelamundi, the film’s poster released last week. The film is now set to release on June 21. However, looks like there may be a serious issue knocking on the door for Mental Hai Kya after the Indian Psychiatric Society is demanding that the makers change the title of the film as it is discriminating and stigmatising for those suffering from mental issues.

The Indian Psychiatric Soceity (IPS) has written to the Central Board of Film and Certification (CBFC) and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, as well as to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) calling out the title of the movie “discriminative, stigmatising, degrading and inhuman in projecting mental disorders and persons” The IPS is raising serious objections to the title and have asked the authorities to remove the title and additionally censor scenes that may violate the people suffering from mental disorders. Mental health is still a taboo conversation in our country, so it is understandable where this concern stems from. The IPS is taking this matter seriously and they have even threatened to file a Public Interest Litigation if their demands are not met.

The statement issued by the IPS read: “We strongly demand that the title be removed with immediate effect preventing further damage to the modesty of mental health service users. We also demand to censor any sequence in the movie that is violating the rights of persons with mental disorder.”  Dr Sagar Karia from the Bombay Psychiatric Society also took to Twitter saying: “The way the promo of the film portrays the persons with mental illness is very wrong. It appears as though they are making fun of those suffering from illnesses, which is irresponsible.”

Well, let’s see what the makers have to say about this. Keep following CineBlitz for all the latest updates from Bollywood.

Continue Reading
Loading...

Controversies

Kangana Ranaut – Aditya Pancholi Controversy: Court summons the actress and sister Rangoli Chandel

Aditya Pancholi has filed a defamation case against Kangana Ranaut and her manager-sister, Rangoli Chandel

Published at

on

Aditya Pancholi and wife file a defamation case against Kangana Ranaut and Rangoli Chandel. Pic Credit- Instagram

Kangana Ranaut and her sister Rangoli Chandel have landed in court trouble. The sisters were summoned by the court owing to the defamation case filed against them by actor Aditya Pancholi and his wife Zarina Wahab.

Two summons each were issued by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate SB Dighe against Kangana and Rangoli with regard to the four cases filed by Pancholi and his wife Zarina Wahab. The cases against Kangana are related to her interviews and statements made during a television show, while those against her sister are related to comments made on social media.

Pancholi’s lawyer Shreya Shrivastava said, “She (Kangana) had claimed that Aditya kept her under house arrest and she registered an FIR against him, but since no such FIR was ever registered, there is prima facie case that she defamed him.” She also said that Rangoli had defamed the actor and his wife by making allegations against them on social media.

The lawyer added that the next hearing will take place on July 26, while both the sisters are yet to comment or speak on the court summons.

Currently, the sisters have also been in the limelight due to the Roshan family feud between Sunaina Roshan and her family including brother Hrithik Roshan and father Rakesh Roshan. For more Bollywood news and updates, stay tuned with CineBlitz.

Continue Reading

Controversies

Sunaina Roshan controversy: Kangana Ranaut’s sister Rangoli Chandel makes another shocking revelation– find out

Rangoli Chandel revealed how Hrithik Roshan and family sedated Sunaina Roshan, check out her tweet here

Published at

on

Rangoli Chandel and Kangana Ranaut; Ruhail Amin and Sunaina Roshan. Pic Source: Instagram

The Sunaina Roshan controversy is having a new development every now and then. While last we reported about her boyfriend Ruhail Amin speaking up against being called a terrorist by Sunaina’s father Rakesh Roshan and brother Hrithik Roshan, now Kangana Ranaut’s sister Rangoli Chandel has made a new revelation.

Rangoli took to Twitter and said that the Roshans have not only been hitting, but even sedating Sunaina. “For past one month Sunaina called Kangana every single day, she spoke to me and cried all the time, since she spoke to the media her phone is off, she told me her family doesn’t only hit her but sedate her as well. Feeling helpless don’t know what to do,” Rangoli tweeted. Check out the tweet here:

Rangoli Chandel’s tweet on the Roshan controversy. Pic Source: Twitter

As reported earlier, Ruhail recently commented on the on-going dispute and said, “This is unfortunate. Labeling someone extremist just because he/she belongs to a certain religion is simply outrageous and needs to be condemned in strongest words.” The controversy seems to be never ending with all the upcoming developments. Let’s see what the Roshans have to comment on this. For more Bollywood news and updates, stay tuned with CineBlitz.

Continue Reading

Controversies

Team Fixerr to meet Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis today regarding the brutal attack they faced

Soham Shah, Mahie Gill and Team Fixerr were shocked when four goons entered their set and attacked them on June 19

Published at

on

fixerr-cm-devendra-fadnavis
Team Fixerr and Devendra Fadnavis

Soham Shah, Mahie Gill and team Fixerr were attacked by four notorious goons on June 19. The team of the ALTBalaji web-series was shooting its climax sequence in a private property located between Mira Road and Thane. While the morning shoot went smoothly, in the afternoon four goons entered and attacked the unit members. They broke the equipment and vanity vans and cleared out the whole set. Soham Shah was injured and his DoP also got six stitches. This has left the team reeling! And so, they plan to meet Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis with regards to the attack. In fact, they have even got an appointment for today morning (June 20) and we can’t wait to know what follows.

While talking about the attack and situation, Fixerr producer Sakett Saawhney seemed annoyed. As he mentioned, “I go to Mira Road with a unit of 100 people to shoot the climax of a webseries on a rainy day and this happens. Four men with iron rods just enter my sets and try to kill me! Are we in Jammu and Kashmir or a naxalite area that this happens? We are stepping out of the house to earn our bread and butter, that too in these rains. And these people just walk in and kill us? My director, Soham Shah, almost had a convulsion. He was hit on the back and he blacked out. My DoP got six stitches. If anyone would have died, what would we do?”

Check out the video explaining their attack right here:

Talking about the way forward, Sakett Saawhney told us about their scheduled meeting with the CM. As he added, “Ashoke Pandit, Federation of Western India Cine Employees, the Producers Association and everyone has come out and supported us. The police has also taken cognizance of the matter and are investigating it now. They are also now under pressure from the public. We are also meeting the CM, Devendra Fadnavis at the Vidhan Bhavan today (June 20). We have a meeting at 10.45 am. If he has agreed to meet us at such short notice that means he’s taken cognizance of the incident. Let’s see what happens now!”

But why didn’t they file a police complaint? Sakett Saawhney reveals, “We took a conscious decision of not filing a complaint. If we go to the cops, at the best, the culprits will be arrested and they will be out on bail tomorrow. For the next 5 – 6 years, we will be going to these court hearing at any random hour. Every time we will have to fly out for an outdoor shoot, we will have to submit our passports and ask for permission. We will be treated as those culprits. So we decided not to file a complaint, but put out this video. And with the help of a few guys and all of you, the video has gone viral and it has been noticed. ”

What do you guys think about these revelations? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below! Also stay tuned to CineBlitz for more news and development with regards to this controversy around Fixerr right here.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

>