Connect with us

Latest

Abhishek Bachchan, Karan Johar, Farah Khan made the naming ceremony of Ekta Kapoor’s son a glitzy night- view pics

A bevy of B-town celebs and TV stars came for Ekta Kapoor’s baby naming ceremony

Published at

on

Several Bollywood celebs as well as TV stars graced Ekta Kapoor’s son, Ravie’s naming ceremony late on Monday night (February 11). Ekta, wearing a pale yellow sharara, looked elated as she mingled with the guests for the naamkaran of her son. Parents Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor were snapped wearing traditional outfits. The ceremony was hosted by Tusshar Kapoor at his Juhu residence. He was seen with son Laksshya, who looked adorable in a yellow kurta and a white pyjama. Among the B-Towners who arrived to bless the tiny tot, were Karan Johar and his mum, Hiroo Johar. Abhishek Bachchan came in sans wife Aishwarya, but was accompanied by sister Shweta. Bobby Deol, Farah Khan, Shamita Shetty, Rahul Bose, Sonali Kulkarni, Divya Dutta and Swara Bhaskar were also present at the do.

Cabinet minister Smriti Irani, who has been good friends with Ekta for a long while now, too was present. Among the TV celebs, we spotted Urvashi Dholakia, Mona Singh, Krystle D’souza, Pragya Yadav, Sakshi Tanwar, Shabir Ahluwalia and his wife Kanchi Kaul, Neelam and husband Sameer Soni at the ceremony. Check out the pictures below:

Abhishek Bachan-at- Ekta Kapoor- baby naming ceremony

Karan Johar- Hiroo Johar- at- Ekta Kapoor- baby naming- ceremony

Jeetendra-Smriti Irani- at- the- ceremony

Mona Singh- at-the -ceremony

Sakshi Tanwar-at-the-ceremony

Tusshar Kapoor-at-the-ceremony

Farah Khan Kunder-at-the-ceremony

Swara Bhaskar-at-the-ceremony

Ekta announced the arrival of the youngest member of the family with a heartfelt post on Instagram earlier this month saying, “I cannot even begin to express how happy my baby’s birth has made me. Everything in life doesn’t go the way you want it to but there are always solutions to those hiccups. I found mine and today, I feel immensely blessed to become a parent.” She welcomed her baby via surrogacy. We wish the new mommy all the luck in parenting and their journey. Keep reading Cine Blitz for more Bollywood news. 

 

 

 

Continue Reading
Loading...

Latest

Ajay Devgn feels ‘singled out’ after Tanushree Dutta – Rangoli Chandel lash out – read official statement

After Tanushree Dutta’s open letter, Ajay Devgn feels he is being targeted

Published at

on

Ajay Devgn

Tanushree Dutta talking about Ajay Devgn and his choice of working with Alok Nath even after knowing that he was called out in the wake of the #MeToo movement in India has dominated the headlines since yesterday (April 18). Today (April 19), Ajay Devgn issued a statement regarding the same. While on it, he also expressed his grief about people trying to single him out as being insensitive.

Ajay Devgn who will next be seen in De De Pyaar De, issued a statement this morning and cleared the air around the accusations of helping Alok Nath make a comeback to the industry. According to him, his stand is very clear and he still won’t support anyone who cannot respect women. At the same time he also expressed how sad he feels about people trying to single him out, and said, “

When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the work place and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them.  Nothing about my stand has changed.

“Coming to the question of having worked with Mr Alok Nath in my upcoming film De De Pyar De, here I must put certain things in perspective.

“This film was supposed to be an October 2018 release. The shoot of the film got over by last September. The portions with Mr. Alok Nath were canned by August in Manali. The said portions were shot over 40 days across various sets and an outdoor location with a combination of over 10 actors. By the time the allegations came out (in October 2018) the actors in the film including me had already started work on other films.  It would be near impossible to get all the dates and combinations of the several actors in the film and attempt a re-shoot with some other actor replacing Mr Nath. It would also have been a huge monetary loss for the producers.  Everyone is aware that film-making is a collaborative process.  The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit.  Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put up sets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make.  It would have to be the call of the makers. Had circumstances played out even slightly differently, I would have pushed for a different combination of actors. Unfortunately, this was not to be.”

“I reiterate I am extremely sensitive to the #MeToo movement. But when circumstances are beyond me, I don’t see why an attempt is being made to `single’ me out as being insensitive. This is untrue.”

About having an option to replace Alok Nath, according to Ajay the shooting of the film was already done in September and the accusations were made in October. As it was a cast of 10 people it was impossible to bring them together and reshoot with someone else.

Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by writer Vinta Nanda during the #MeToo movement. For more updates and gossip about Bollywood, stay tuned to CineBlitz.

Continue Reading

Latest

Kalank: Sonakshi Sinha makes a surprising statement about her screen time in the movie

Sonakshi Sinha opens up out about her screen timing in Abhishek Varman’s Kalank like never before

Published at

on

sonakshi

Sonakshi Sinha has played some strong characters in her previous films, but her role in the film Lootera has been the highlight of her acting career. Her latest film Kalank is a multi-starrer with Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Sanjay Dutt, Aditya Roy Kapur and Madhuri Dixit in the lead roles. And while her performance is being appreciated, Sonakshi is being called out for the less screen space in the film.

When asked about having lesser screen time in Kalank, she shared, “A beautiful and strong role has come to me after a long time; probably after Lootera. I was so happy to be part of this film only because of the kind of world Abhishek (director Abhishek Varman) has created and the people I got to work with. Such fine actors! Every character has a contribution in taking the story forward. I think that was the most special part. The entire experience was just surreal.”

Further continuing her views about the screen space for a film she shared a very interesting point, “If George Clooney had complained about Brad Pitt getting more screen space, we would never have had Ocean’s Eleven.” Kalank is getting mixed reviews from the critics and fans are enjoying the film so far. The film was released on April 17. For more such updates stay tuned to CineBlitz.

Continue Reading

Latest

Urmila Matondkar takes a bold dig at PM Narendra Modi biopic

The Election Commission put a stay on PM Narendra Modi’s release and since then there has been no announcement regarding the biopic. However, Congress candidate Urmila Matondkar had an interesting take on the movie

Published at

on

Urmila Matondkar

Election campaigning is at its peak in Mumbai at this stage. Bollywood actress Urmila Matondkar who is making her political debut this election season with Congress is also campaigning in her constituency and while at it she also made a comment on the film PM Narendra Modi. Check out her bold comment here:

Actress-turned-politician Urmila was present at the Marathi Patrakar Sangh, where the actress took a dig on the Modi biopic and called it a joke as the PM has failed to fulfill promises. She said, “The biopic made on his (PM) life is nothing but a joke as the PM, who claims to have a 56-inch-chest, has miserably failed to deliver anything. The movie made on his life is a joke on the democracy, poverty, and diversity of India, which has been damaged.” The actress had a firm opinion and she further added, “Rather, a comedy film should be made on him and unfulfilled promises.”

Urmila is contesting for the Mumbai-North division with a Congress ticket. On the other hand, the Modi biopic which was supposed to release on April 11 was stopped by the Election Commission ordering a stay during the polls.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending