Sonam Kapoor has always used her platform of films to raise awareness about important issues in society. From talking about homosexuality in ‘Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga’ to celebrating strong women and friendship in ‘Veere Di Wedding,’ each of her films has had a bigger message to deliver. Apart from her choices of movies, the actress has never shied away from giving her honest and abashed opinion on relevant topics.
Rightly hailed as the leading voice of change, Sonam has time and again inspired young women to take charge of their lives, practice happiness, and, more than anything, support sisterhood. While we all aspire to have a ‘Veere’ like Sonam Kapoor in our lives, here’s listing down seven powerful quotes by the leading actress to fuel our motivation tank. Have a look!
1) “I think every single imperfection adds to your beauty. I would rather be imperfect than perfect.”
2) “Women of worth are those who want positive change for themselves, their families, community or society, which I think is important. For me, a woman of worth is someone who has self-respect, who believes that she can change things in society.”
3) “So many women are financially dependent on men. So why can’t men be dependent on women? I’m totally okay with it.”
4) “Strong women lift each other up. I’m lucky to be surrounded by many of them and hope to encourage that sisterhood. Women can make it big in this man’s world only if we motivate and empower each other.”
5) “I think people have the wrong notion about boldness. For me, bold is being different.”
6) “I don’t fear failure because if you don’t fail, you would not know the secret of success.”
7) “In a lot of ways, if I were ambitious about anything – besides my career – I’d be ambitious about love and happiness.”